You Can Live and Work in the USA as a Business Owner

Get matched with excellent business ownership opportunities that will qualify you and your family for an E-2 visa that lets you live and work in the United States.

Businesses with investments that start in the range of $75,000 (USD) will qualify.

To qualify for E-2 classification, you must:

  • Be a national of a country the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation with.  Mexico and the United States have continuously maintained a treaty of commerce and navigation since 1994;
  • Have invested, or are actively in the process of investing, a substantial amount of capital in a bona fide enterprise in the United States; and
  • Be seeking to enter the United States solely to develop and direct the investment enterprise.

Under an E-2 visa you may bring your spouse and unmarried children under 21 years of age.

Your children may work in your business, but they may not work outside your business. E2 Visas last two years and are renewable indefinitely as long as the US maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation with Mexico.

What You Need:


Sufficient funds to invest

You will need working capital to fund your business and support you (and your family) in the United States as your business develops and grows.

Legal fees for a US Attorney

You will need an attorney to represent you in the E-2 visa process. The legal fees typically are in the $6,000 (USD) range for straight forward E-2 Visa representation. I can refer you to qualified attorneys if you do not currently have an immigration attorney.

English language skills

You will need professional proficiency in English. You will need to be able to read and write in English and conduct business exchanges with customers, employees, and business partners in English. You do not need perfect English grammar or be free of an accent, and your Spanish fluency may give you a competitive advantage in many US geographic markets.

Business skills including:

Basic business knowledge, ability to lead and manage others, understanding of balance sheets, spreadsheet skills.

The grit and determination to make a business successful

You’ll work with me, West Romberger, as your consultant who will guide you through the process of selecting and investigating businesses that will qualify you for an E-2 visa.

Your work with me costs you nothing.

As a franchise consultant, I help people leave their jobs working for other companies to become business owners. Specifically, I help them find and acquire a franchise that is a perfect fit for them. Coming to the United States on an E-2 Visa, I will take you through the exact same process as those who are US citizens.

For an E-2 Visa, you will have additional steps that those with US citizenship do not have, but those steps are reasonable and manageable, and I can help you navigate those steps.

Interested in learning more?

Please schedule a time for an initial conversation with me.

Prefer to start with an email? Email West